Everyone knows peanut butter is a great source of protein and healthy fats. Peanut butter can be used as a topping on your oatmeal and delicious recipes. Look at the peanut and peanut butter facts you might not know even if you have been eating them for many years.
It takes 540 peanuts to make a 12 oz. jar.
As per the National Peanut butter board, to produce a 12 oz jar of classic peanut butter, around 540 peanuts are used. You might be scared with calories intact, but the fun fact is it can help you reduce weight because it keeps you filled for a long time.
5 gallons of water for 1 oz. of peanuts
To produce 1 ounce of peanut butter, 4.7 gallons of water is used.
Types of Peanuts
You can find four major types of peanuts: Valencia, Virginia, Runner, and Spanish
- In women, peanut butter helps in lessening the risk of gallstones.
- Peanut butter is legumes aka edible seeds that are covered in pods. Even if its name has the word “nut”, it is not a nut.
- Peanut butter is full of vitamins and minerals like zinc, potassium, and magnesium.
- According to an FDA regulation released in the 1960s, a jar of peanut butter must have 90% of peanuts. If it doesn’t have a minimum of 90% of peanuts, then it is not classic peanut butter. It is peanut butter spread.
- The natural peanut butter was invented by Inca Indians based in South America who grind peanuts for the first time.
- In the 1890s, peanut butter was considered the food of rich people as it was sold as a commercial item.
- Peanut butter gained a lot of popularity after getting used as an alternative to protein in the healthcare facility.
- You can find classic peanut butter in crunchy and creamy variants.
- If girls between the ages of 9 to 15 eat peanut butter regularly, then they are less likely to develop breast cancer at the age of 30.
- As per the studies, people who live in the west coast have a preference of eating crunchy peanut butter and people in the east coast prefer to eat creamy peanut butter.
- Peanut butter was introduced for people with no teeth and need protein.
- As per the studies, an average American eats 3 pounds of peanut butter a year. Unlike an average European that eats just 1 tablespoon of peanut butter a year.
- One acre of peanuts can help produce up to 30,000 sandwiches.
- Peanut butter can be turned into diamonds if exposed to high temperature and pressure. Of course, it would not have great quality as a real diamond, but still, you can turn peanut butter into diamonds.
- Arachibutyrophobia is a phobia of peanut butter. People with this phobia can choke because of peanut butter.
- If you lose the ability to smell classic peanut butter, it is a sign of Alzheimer’s.
- Peanut butter helps you keep bad cholesterol levels low and heart healthy.
Did you know any of these peanut butter facts? Or do you have any other interesting facts about peanut butter, which is not mentioned here?
Comment down below!