Do you know which is one of the hottest topics of argument when food is concerned?
Peanut Butter Creamy vs. Crunchy
This debate is probably going on for several years: a bit of crunch or a smooth and creamy one? But when health is concerned, there is only a slight difference between crunchy and creamy peanut butter.
Creamy peanut butter contains slightly more protein than crunchy peanut butter, which contains more folate and fiber, which aids in bowel health. But, in the end, they are essentially the same, with slightly varied nutrient profiles.
Unless you’re a fitness fanatic or on a low-fat diet, the above difference shows that creamy peanut butter has some what more nutrients than crunchy peanut butter. However, there is no reason why you should not select the spread you prefer.
The fact is peanut butter creamy and crunchy is loved by many around the world.
Questions bother most people.
- Which one is more healthy?
- Which is better creamy or crunchy peanut butter?
Since childhood, you might have been eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in school, for breakfast, and even lunch. Some prefer the smooth texture of creamy peanut butter, while some love the crunchy peanut butter.
Shop Now for Rs.499 and above and Get Free Shipping on Prepaid Orders.
Difference Between Creamy and Crunchy Peanut Butter?
Yes, there is a slight difference between creamy and crunchy peanut butter when it comes to the nutritional aspect.
Creamy Peanut Butter
- Both creamy and crunchy peanut butter are packed with proteins.
- However, creamy peanut butter holds a slight upper hand when it comes to the amount of proteins present.
- 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter have 8g protein, while crunchy peanut butter has a tad less at 7.7g.
- The difference in proteins is not much, but it still exists.
- Also, creamy peanut butter has a higher amount of vitamin E than crunchy peanut butter.
- 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter contain 19% vitamin E, while the crunchy version has only 13%.
- Compared to crunchy peanut butter, creamy peanut butter has slightly more proteins and a significantly higher amount of vitamin E.
Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Dietary fibers present in food help maintain bowel health and improve digestive health.
- Crunchy peanut butter has got 1g more fibers than creamy peanut butter.
- Crunchy peanut butter contains higher vitamin B9 (foliate) than its creamy counterpart.
- Folate aids digestion helps in the formation of blood corpuscles and boosts the growth and multiplication of cells.
- Both creamy and crunchy peanut butter have the same amount of fats.
- But crunchy peanut butter contains less saturated fats (12%) than creamy peanut butter (17%).
- Saturated fats are unhealthy for the body, as they increase the build-up of cholesterol in blood vessels (arteries).
- Saturated fats raise the levels of LDL cholesterol in the body, which is injurious to health.
Let’s compare creamy peanut butter and crunchy peanut butter based on the following parameters:
- Vitamin E
- Less saturated fat
- Dietary fibers
Creamy peanut butter wins over crunchy peanut butter in the first two nutritional parameters, while crunchy peanut butter wins in the last three.
It does not matter whether you choose creamy peanut butter or crunchy peanut butter. Both are powerhouses of nutrients, especially proteins and vitamin B complex.