We all know that peanut butter and carrots are always a great combination. Now its time to update a classic carrot layer cake by adding Natural Peanut Butter to this traditional cream cheese frosting?
The result is so tempting and mouth-watering you’re ready to eat it all on your own because it was so delicious and impressive. These three towering layers of moist, spicy carrot cake and plump golden raisins are all enclosed in a peanut butter cream and cheese frosting.
While layer cake might seem a little intimidating and sometimes need to balance also but easy to make. It was a great start for beginners to make sturdy layers of cake that looks amazing. Now garnish the cake with chopped honey-baked peanuts that work wonders to cover even the most imperfect frosting task.
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup Honey and roasted peanuts roughly chopped
- Preheat microwave oven to 350°F. Take cake pans lined with parchment paper, now add butter lightly and flour three 9-inch rounds.
- Take a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Now, take a second large bowl, mix canola oil, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and eggs until smooth. Stir in carrots and raisins. Fold in the dry ingredients, using spatula mixing just until barely combined.
- Now, your Microwave over is heated for 30 minutes. Divide the cake batter between the prepared pans in an even layer for smoothing out the top. Again place into microwave oven until golden brown. Place the toothpick inside the cake, if it comes out clean, it is ready to take out. For 15 minutes, set the pans on a wire rack to cool them down. Remove the cake from the pan and peel out the parchment paper.
- Whip together Natural Peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth in a bowl using a mixer.
- Now, take the vanilla extract and 1 cup powdered sugar and continue beating until smooth. Add one tablespoon of cream until the frosting reaches a spreadable form.
- Using a serrated knife, make a perfectly flat disc by removing any uneven roundness from the top of the two cakes.
- Take a serving platter, place the first trimmed cake layer on it. Now spread 3/4 cup frosting. Top with the second trimmed cake layer and again spread 3/4 cup frosting. Now gently place the final cake layer on top. Spread the remaining frosting on top and sides in a decorative swirl and garnish of chopped peanuts on top and sides.
- Now, your cake is ready to refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the frosting to firm up before serving.